Commercial horticulture in the Monroe County area is a $130 million a year business and continues to grow. Click here for upcoming programs.
Your CCE Commercial Horticulture Program provides accurate and reliable information for the green industry in Monroe County. Educational programs highlight:
- improving production efficiency to increase yields and reduce costs
- improving marketing and retailing strategies
- Improving plant growth, maintenance and pest control options
Examples of research-based information aiding in business decisions:
- Two restricted-use formulations of Emametin Benzoate & Imidacloprid are the most efficacious treatments for Emerald Ash Borer.
- Only with a complete soil analysis should one apply supplemental phosphorus or potassium in order to grow a quality turf.
- Fall lawn fertilizer applications are less likely to harm water quality when applied prior to October 15th than later applications with no difference in turf quality.
- Special pricing on diagnostic lab samples.
- Commercial Horticulture Newsletter produced here serving this area’s needs.
- Program activity announcements and pesticide regulation updates.
- Locally developed educational programs and field days throughout the year.
- Cornell Guidelines available at cost.
- Reduced rates for you and your staff at selected training.
Check out our brochure for more information!